An Honest Conversation about Widowhood
Donna Marie: What was the hardest thing for you about becoming a widow for you Gwenda?
Gwenda: Admitting that I needed help and then asking for it. You feel so raw and so, well, it’s almost like being a kid again. Not knowing how to do things and needing somebody to hold your hand and lead you through it but you’re a mature woman and you’re not supposed to be like that.
Donna Marie: I think your reference to being like a child again is so interesting…it’s an interesting spot to be in, isn’t it?
Gwenda: Interesting…that’s a nice adjective (she laughs!).
Donna Marie: So you came to A Widow’s Tale retreat…did you find that helpful?
Gwenda: Yeah, it was helpful. There’s something strange when you’re talking about grief, sort of this dark curtain comes down. It’s like a dark room you don’t wanna go into, right? You know, I’m so tired of being the one that has to deal with everything.
Donna Marie: Say more about that. That part has been really big for me.
GWENDA: Well, you’re always on…. there’s nobody else. The kids want the best for you but – they’re not there, are they?
Dealing with everything and not knowing what you’re doing, it’s like a comic bit, like the old cartoons….Oh my God, what am I going to do about this? Who do I call? Of course it’s a pattern and now, now, I just do it automatically. I’ll just get somebody…
Donna Marie: If you had to tell other widows something about being a widow what would it be?
GWENDA: When you lose the person you’ve lived your life with, when I became a widow, I started on a new journey to finding out who Gwenda is now and I’m still on that one. It’s entirely new territory. Not completely new, what you’ve lived and who you are is there but it’s different now. You work on being your own best friend.
I couldn’t have said it better myself! Gwenda is right, your real work now is learning to be your own best friend. The Widow’s Recovery System is designed to help you become your own best friend.
It’s easy to get started.
- You set up a free phone call with me to talk about where you are in your widow’s journey and where you’d like to be. The whole program takes place in the privacy of your own home.
- You order the program online.
- You’ll receive the link to 7 Recovery Audio Recovery Courses that provide valuable insights. As you listen, you’ll learn about the different phases of grief and gain a deeper understanding about the challenges of your recovery and rebuilding process.
- Your Recovery Workbook has practical exercises to release grief and rebuild a compassionate relationship with YOURSELF step-by-step!
- I’ll be right here for you. Every other week, we’ll talk by phone, just the two of us, about how things are going. This gives you the support you need to move forward!
- And, you’ll receive unlimited email support for the full seven weeks of the program.